Sunday, February 14, 2010

Obama III

This week, I worked on the name part of my portrait. I used red and blue thread to make the Obama campaign logo. Then, I used more blue thread to spell out "Obama" and the logo served as the "O" in the name. It seemed that I had more difficulty this week with getting the threads tangled on the back side of my cloth. This doesn't create problems in making the portrait, but it does make the back or the portait look messy. Luckily, the messiness of the back is not noticeable when looking at the portrait from the front. Hopefully by the time I work on my second portrait, I won't have these problem anymore.



Last week, my plan was to complete my first portrait. I managed to finish all of the parts that I had originally sketched, however, I feel like the portrait is still very plain. I think that I might hold off on beginning a new portrait for next week and try and figure out a way to make my first portrait more detailed and decorative.

No comments:

Post a Comment