Sunday, February 21, 2010

ObamaIV

This week I ran into some of the same problems, but I was able to correct them before they got too bad. I put the finishing touches on my first portrait. Mostly, I just put more coloring on the face to make the cheekbones more defined. I also put darker color on the eyelids to make the eyes stand out better. My first portrait is complete, and I'm not sure what I am going to embroider for my second portrait. I am leaning towards embroidering a portrait of Michael Jackson, because I am a big fan of his music. Also, I think it would be more of a challenge, and it would be interesting to see if I could pull off creating a decent looking portrait of him.

Working on this project is very relaxing to me, because I can even watch television while I am working. I also think it is fun to choose all of the different colors to make different features of the portrait. I think that even after I have completed this course I will continue to embroider.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great, Lauren. What do you plan to do with your portraits? How do the processes and purposes of your work tie in to those of other arts/artists we've discussed in class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is really cool that you have been able to do this. Your stitching has turned out so well. I think the idea you have for Michael Jackson sounds pretty exciting. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete