Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bob Dylan Progress

This week, I started by tracing my rough sketch of Bob Dylan onto fabric, so I could begin embroidering. I began by embroidering the hair. This portrait contains much more details, the hair in particular is much more difficult, than my last portrait of Obama. However, I have not been making the same mistakes as I did on the first portrait. For this project, I plan on making it more colorful by filling in more of the empty space of the fabric. I feel that my Obama project ended up looking very plain, and I want to take on the challenge of making this portrait as detailed as I can.




While working on my project this week, I thought about how it related to last week's lecture on good workmanship and whether it is "sound" or "comely". I think that my portraits are what people would call "comely", because they do have some flaws. However, since I am not very experienced at embroidering, I am trying to make my work as aesthetically pleasing as I can. Therefore, my work is "comely" because it is not perfect, but I intend for it to look how it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment