Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dylan II

This week, I decided to continue working on the hair of my portrait. I used different color threads to make the shape of the hair stand out. I didn't finish the hair this week, but I got about halfway done. Next week, I'm sure I will finish the hair on the portrait.

Working on my project this week, reminded me of the idea of "cheap" goods. Most of the materials that I have been using for my project belonged to my mom. I did buy some fabric to embroider, and I wonder if the price I paid for it was fair. Reading some of the chapters from the book, Cheap, has made me think about some of the stores that I have shopped in the past. IKEA, for example, has some questionable practices for making their products, but they mask them with a good image. This information has made me think more about the production of products and the prices people pay for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment