Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dylan III

This week, I finished emboridering the hair on my portrait of Bob Dylan. I did run into some of the same problems I experienced with my last portrait. However, I was able to fix the problems pretty well without much trouble. I really like how the hair turned out, because I tried to emphasize texture and curls. I also used three different colored threads to define curls.

For next week, I plan on finishing the sunglasses. They should be much easier because they are a solid color. I will probably put some gray or white on the glasses to show highlights. I may even start on the face, so that I will have a better chance of having the entire portrait done before the end of the semester.

My project this week reminded me of our class's guest speaker on Thursday. She mentioned how her family's mushroom hunting is mostly driven by being with together with people she loves and pride. She admits that she does sell some of her mushrooms, but for the most part, her hunting is not driven by the profits she could gain from her findings. I thought this realated to my project, because I don't work on these portraits to sell them. I work on them for fun, and after each portrait, I feel very proud of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment