Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dylan IV (Final)

I was very pleased to finish my portrait of Bob Dylan this week. I worked on this project longer this week than I had worked on it in previous weeks, because I really wanted to have it finished for the in class presentations. In my opinion, the final product is very good, and I think that my work improved very much from the first portrait. I am very proud of the work that I did.
This week, I worked on the sunglasses and the rest of the face as planned. It took a bit longer than previous weeks, I ran out of black thread. Therefore, I experienced a delay in finishing earlier, because I had to find time to go to the store and pick up more thread. After, I got my thread, I was able to finish the portrait without any trouble.

This project and several of the class readings have taught me more about crafts and the relaxing effects that making crafts can have. Also, craft making can be an outlet for individual expression. Both of these effects are appealing to me, and I can see myself continuing to embroider in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment